Only more sleep and we are off cruising the Mediterranean. We are so excited that we can't contain ourselves. I'm so looking forward to spending this time with Emily, catching up with old friends and meeting new ones on this trip. The neat thing about this trip is that it's a Global trip meaning there will be demonstrator's from all over the world and I'm looking forward to meeting them!!
My project today is one that we made last month in our Framelit Frenzy class. Each month we get together to create 2 cards using Framelits as stencils. Yes, did you know that you can create Stencil's with your framelits? This opens up so many possibilities and I love showing my ladies other ways to use products that they already have in their studio!!
On this project, we used the Bold Butterfly framelits to create our template for the stencils and to create our card with.
To create your stencil...
1) cut a piece of cardboard to 4 by 4 with a paper trimmer
2) Using the Big Shot Machine and the Bold Butterfly framelit, put your small butterfly framelit onto your piece of cardboard and run it thru the Big Shot machine, now you have a butterfly stencil that you can use. I put mine onto a O'ring so that I can use it over and over.
3) On a piece of Whisper White paper, lay your butterfly stencil down, where you would like your butterflies to go.
4) Using sponges and ink, rub the sponges around in the stencil to create your butterfly. I always start light and work my way to a darker colour. For my blue butterfly I used Pool Party and then Bermuda Bay.
5) Experiment with a variety of colours for some colourful butterflies!!
There are so much that you can do with your framelits, and I'm sure that I have the idea's just spinning in your head! Give it a try, I would love to see what you come up with!! Leave me a comment as I would love to check them out!!
What to know what products I used on my project today, check out the supply list below!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!