One of my favourite albums to create is a Daily December! I love using the annual Hello December Project Life card collection and accessory pack to document my daily events in December. I have done this the last two years and I have to say they are my favourite albums by far!! I love looking back and seeing all the fun things that we have tons in the past. Some of them are our favourite traditions like counting down the days till Christmas with advents calendars, celebrating our birthday, our baking and so much more and others are just those little things you want to document like having no snow in the month of December!!
Last week, I spent some time creating my new album and I will be sharing pictures with you soon of our daily memories. I'm waiting for a good day to take some photo's, it's been cloudy and gloomy here the last few days. But today, I'm going to share with you my cover for my album. I was inspired by a few that I saw on Pinterest and one that my good friend Marcy did!!
I love the colour combination of Emerald Envy, and Real Red. This was the coordinating colours in the collection and I decided to stay with that as it makes coordinating so much easier as Stampin' Up! has already figure it out for us!
Tips on Creating Hello December Album:
- Our Project Life Album are the perfect size for this, especially the 6 by 8 album. I chose the Emerald Envy one as it's the perfect colour for Christmas!
- The Year was cut out using the Large Number Framelits, Silver Foil and Big Shot machine
- The boughs were cut out with the Pretty Pines Thinltis, Emerald Envy card stock and the Big Shot machine
- The berries were created with the Pretty Pines Thinlits, Red Glimmer Paper and the Big Shot machine.
- The pinecones were done by stamping the solid image with Early Espresso onto a crumb cake card stock and then cut out with the Pretty Pines thinlits and the Big Shot machine. Then cut out the detail pinecone in Crumb Cake card stock using the Pretty Pines thinlits and the Big Shot machine. Glue the detail pine cone to the base. This helps adds dimension to your pinecones!!
- The bow was created by fraying a piece of Burlap ribbon which will give you string that you can use. I took 2 pieces of Ribbon to create by bow.
- The final touch is wrapping the Real Red Stitched Ribbon around the front cover and creating a beautiful bow!
I hope that I have inspired you to create a beautiful album to document your daily memories in December!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!